Department of Anatomy
Human anatomy is one of the basic essential sciences of medicine. The students learn about Human anatomy through methods of cadaveric dissection. It teaches them about the different details of human bones.et dolore magna aliqua.
The Anatomy Department at SRIMS is located in the first floor of the academic building
The department provides students the facilities to study microscopic anatomy of various human organs and systems. Adequate number of charts, specimen and models are available to help the students to understand Embryology and other clinical applications. The department also preserves dead bodies.
Department also has a voluntary body donation programme for education & Research purpose.
The Department has qualified & experienced teaching staff and adequate infrastructure to facilitate the professional development of students and members of the Department. For Details Faculty List Visit Here
Equipment & Models
- Microscopes, Monocular
- Dissection microscope
- Microtome rotary
- Microtome, Sledge
- Dissecting instruments
- Hot plates for flattening sections
- Embalming machines for cadavers
- Skeletons articulated
- Vertebral with pelvis and femur heads
- Adult Male pelvis
- Adult Female Pelvis
- Life Size Coloured Skull
- Foetal & Infant Skull
- Shoulder, Hip, Knee, Elbow, Foot, Hand joints
- Foot Joint with Ligaments
- Heart Model
- Brain with Arteries
- Eye with Orbit
- Embryo Model
- Human Female Pelvis Section
- Liver, Pancreas and Duodenum Model
- Human Larynx model magnified
- Human Placenta
- Spinal Cord in the Spinal Canal
- Digestive system
- Neuron Model
- Model of the transparent lung segment
- Dissection Hall – 20 tables
- Demonstration Rooms- 2
- Gross Anatomy Museum
- Embryology Museum
- Seminar Room- 1
- Research Lab
- Histology Lab
- Embalming room
The Department believes on the altruistic action of the public to maintain its teaching of, and research into, human anatomy. Cadaveric dissection is an important element of the teaching schedule in medical college
The chief value of body donation is for teaching anatomy to medical students. Acquiring a sound knowledge of the structure of the human body is possible only if students of anatomy have access to human bodies for careful dissection and study.
It aids the medical students to understand human anatomy and consequently utilize this knowledge for their clinical subjects
The interested person while alive may voluntarily donate his/her body and express his/her will in writing (form can be obtained from the Anatomy Office, SRIMS) and inform his next kith & kin about the same. The dead body should be preferably transported to the Department of Anatomy, SRIMS within working hours.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PROSPECTIVE DONORS
1. Department of Anatomy SRIMS, accepts donation of body after death for teaching and scientific advancement.
2. The WILL FORM and DONOR CARD duly completed in duplicate by the donor should be submitted to the office of the Head of the Department of Anatomy, SRIMS for registration.
3. The body of the voluntary donor with death certificate, from competent medical personnel should be handed over by the next kin, to the Department of Anatomy.
4. Body after accident, medico-legal case or any other form of unnatural death will not be accepted.
5.After the death of the donor, the information should be conveyed to the Department of Anatomy, SRIMS
- Address Malandighi, Kanksha, Durgapur-713212, India
- Email email@example.com
- Phone +917676750000